This e-learning resource for Safeguarding Children and Young People is an important and timely project to support the work of all healthcare staff.
Delivered by Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare (HEE e-LfH) in partnership with the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH), the e-learning aims to meet statutory training requirements so that healthcare providers can ensure their teams are up-to-date with the issues surrounding Child Protection.
"This Safeguarding Project will have a significant impact on the current training and education provision and make a positive contribution to the prevention of child abuse, physical, emotional and sexual, as well as reducing the prevalence of neglect, as incorporated in the modern child safeguarding agenda"
Julia Moore OBE - National Director, HEE e-LfH
"We are confident that this revised resource, in line with the latest Intercollegiate document, will continue to support those needing safeguarding knowledge and training. This training is vital for staff working directly or indirectly with children to ensure children are appropriately protected across the health economy."
Dr Jamie Carter, Assistant Child Protection Officer, RCPCH
The e-learning covers Level 1 - for non-clinical staff; Level 2 - for all clinical staff and Level 3 - for clinical staff working with children, young people and/or their parents/carers as described in the Intercollegiate Document - Safeguarding Children and Young People: Roles and Competences for Health Care Staff 2014.
The Intercollegiate Document was commended by Dame Sally Davies (former CMO) and Dame Christine Beasley CBE (CNO) and produced jointly by:
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Royal College of Nursing
- Royal College of Midwives
- Community Practitioners and Health Visitors Association
- Royal College of General Practitioners
- Child Protection Special Interest Group/British Association of Community Child Health
- The British Society of Paediatric Dentistry
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Royal College of Psychiatrists
- The Royal College of Anaesthetists
- The Association of Paediatric Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
- British Society of Paediatric Radiologists
- Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine
- College of Emergency Medicine